Saturday, October 11, 2008

Another great hunt for antiques

Jean, Judy & I took another little antique buying trip to Lebanon & did we ever have fun. It was just a beautiful fall day & our hunt was very successful. Besides that, we came home with our heads full of all kinds of ideas for our holiday decorating at Leola's. It's so hard to get in the holiday spirit this early but sometimes something just gets you started & it starts clickin'. Luckily, the people at Elm St. Antique Mall in Lebanon were having an open house & had lots of great holiday things out. I love it because they always have handmade things. You can hardly find them anymore. We have such talented people at the shop who still like to create.

We are so fortunate to have a feature on our shop in the Christmas issue of 417 magazine & they're coming this week for pictures. Kelli has been working on angel wings to decorate our shop with for the holidays so she has angel wings hanging all over her living room. It almost looks like a movie set. Can't wait to see what they look like in the shop.

O-K! Here's Judy & me loading some of our treasures. We were so weak after all this hard work, we had to run to Steak n Shake & get a burger. That always helps! If you're not from our part of the country & you don't have Steak n Shake, I pity you.


We went on down the road to Route 66 Antique Mall & took some pictures. They just have the best primitives.





Now tomorrow I have so much work to do to get everything ready. Also have to decide what to take into Leola's since I've sold pieces over the weekend & need to fill in those spots. Oh, well, this is the week for our favorite sale where we find our very best merchandise. It's out in this really small town & they open for 2 days every other month. Sorry can't tell you where it is but it is great. I'll take pictures & show you what I found on Thurs. Have a good Sunday!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heeeeeeyyyyy...save some for the rest of us! Looks like you have some really great stuff! Can't wait to see it, and I'm wondering if you and Judy will be sporting wings at our Christmas Open House?!
Glad you finally had someone take a great pic of you, Jan, instead of you hiding behind the camera.
love you guys,
Debra

Unknown said...

What a great blog you have. Love all the pictures. I saw wool on the cloths line.
I am in Warsaw Missouri, the 18th and 19th we have Heritage days here . We will have rug hooking at the over look by the owner of a new wool shop in town. Saltbox primitive woolen. Maybe you would like to come .
katie Primitivewoolen.typepad.com

summersundays-jw said...

Debra - I wasn't going to use this picture because I thought someone might think I was fat & it's actually just the angle of the camera. We had waaaaay too much fun with the gang at Elm St. but we did leave a few things. Have a good Sunday. Jan

Debra said...

Jan,

Beautiful post! I loved looking at all of the photos.

I am so sorry I forgot to send the check for the pillow out last week! I am going to go back into my emails and make sure that I send it out tomorrow! Please forgive me. It was a busy week for my family.

Hugs,
Debbie

A Wild Thing said...

Very cool scores, love the manikin...you are so bad with the secrets...I have one too and if you ever get to Iowa, I'll share it with you, we are so bad!!!

sharon

dulcy said...

Love your posts! Did you make it to Leslie, Ark.?

Ragamuffin Gal said...

I LOVE all of your pictures, can't wait to see what all you do with it! You have such an artful gift of arranging things and seeing beauty that often gets missed. I am so excited about your piece in 417 ~ can't wait to read it! Love your blog and you! Blessings, Katie