Thursday, October 9, 2008

My garage sale finds!



Yea!!!! The garage sale fairies were looking down on me today. I really found some great things. It was one of those mornings when I felt like if I didn't get out of the house I was going to have a "run-away" (that's what my Mom always said). I think I just do way too much thinking about things I have absolutely no control over so decided to do something that really makes me happy. And the garage sale fairies showered me with gifts. The first thing I found was this wonderful yellow-ware bowl. That's one of my many collections so it's kind of hard to give up but I just don't need another one & making money off this stuff is suppose to be the name of the game. Anyway, it will go to Leola's.


The next find were these wonderful barley twist candlesticks (another collection) but there again, I'm taking them to Leola's. Am I tough, or what!!!!


The last garage sale I hit I found the hand-braided wool rug & twinsize iron bed. Sorry but I'm keeping the bed. I have one & have been looking for a second since the g'kids need another bed.


I'm trying to stockpile some things for Christmas open house. I have painted a wicker settee brown & I'm making cushions out of a red plaid wool throw. It is going to be so cool! RL would love it. So I'm trying to come up with things to go into a real country, primitive room. I'm still such a fan of country, primitive things like quilts, wool rugs & throws, candlesticks, crocks, & wonderful old linens. I also want to have a lot of handmade things this year so I've been working up a storm. Wish there were more hours in the day.

No comments: