Monday, November 10, 2008

Christmas Open House at Leola's - Sun. edition!

Well, it's all over but the shouting!!!! We had an exceptional open house despite the economy & hope it's a good sign for the holiday season ahead. We received wonderful compliments about the store & about all the hard work that went into it. It made it soooo worthwhile even if we're all totally pooped -- & I have to work today while Judy sits all day in her pj's & eats bon-bons (she told us that was her plan). Guess I'll have to wait until Tues.

This is a picture of my sister, Judy, me & our very good friend, Brenda (we lived in the same tiny town in our youth). We worked, along with Kelli, on Sunday but sorry, Kelli had already left the shop. Brenda just came into the shop with us & makes the most wonderful wreaths & florals along with her cabin-look antiques. She lives in an amazing log cabin in the country & is one of the best decorators I know. We're all so happy to have her.
Jim & Dulcy bought these awesome vintage candles for their front porch. You will probably be able to find them soon on Dulcy's blog "Dulcy's doorstep" (you can link to it from "my favorites"). She makes hooked rugs & various other related items. She made her needlepoint handbag & it was gorgeous. Dulcy's mom, Anne, made tiny dolls for us years ago when we all had a shop in Galloway, MO called Eli McGee Mercantile. Jim, who is a professional photographer, has taken pictures of many of our kid's weddings, including Allison's. Not to brag, but he doesn't normally do weddings but because he's been such a longtime friend (& is such a good guy) he agreed to do ours. I know I use the word "amazing" a lot but Jim truly is.
This handsome family is Judy's son Shane's family -- & Judy's g'children -- John Lake, Jordyn, & Eli.

Guess I'd better get ready for work. It's very cold here this Mon. morning but bright & sunny. Have a great weak! PEACE!


2 comments:

A Wild Thing said...

Me too...goin ta work...only on a buying expedition...need some smalls and what ever else trips my trigger...know what I mean...I LUV my job!

later~sharon

dulcy said...

We had such a good time (as always) at your place Sunday. Such fun to see three of you at once! Love my purchases....and am coming back for more Christmas presents soon!

xoxo
dulcy