Sunday, May 17, 2009

A busy Saturday at Leola's...

We went into Leola's to leave some things and lucky we did because Kenda was slammed. The last few Saturdays have been really busy--thankfully. I think it's getting to the place where we're going to have 2 people on weekends. That's a good place to be.

I'm having a birthday party Tuesday night for Judy. Wish I didn't work tomorrow because I really have a lot of work to do but I always end up getting it done. I got the screened -in porch cleaned but I still have to put the clean covers on all the wicker furniture. Thank heaven for staple guns. We're having my world famous chicken salad, Annie's stuffed cherry tomatoes & mini-pizzas, angel food cake with strawberries and Bev's really excellent chocolate covered strawberries. We'll actually be able to eat on the porch.

Judy found this vintage plastic raincoat in Pam's area and it fit her perfectly. I don't know why she didn't wear the scarf.


Jean and Kay took a little break on Linda's wicker sofa.This is one of Pam's new styles. It's black & it's so cute.




This is one of her new projects. She did a slipcover on this wingback with a little ruffle around the bottom. I would love to take this home.

Judy did this cute table arrangement. Don't you love the place cards?

This was an adorable pink shelf that a young woman bought for her apartment. It matched the peonies exactly.

Hope everyone has a great week. The sun is suppose to shine all week -- yea!!!

4 comments:

A Wild Thing said...

You'll have to let me know when you get in, I'll have to meet you there...what fun!!!

I'm so glad things are picking up. The girls doing the shows say the crowds are good and people are buying...maybe they just want the good 'ol stuff instead of the China imports...yayyy for America!!!

Mindy said...

The slipcover with ruffle? Divine! I'm glad to hear business is picking up. Same here. Yea, us! ~Mindy

Wish on a Whisker said...

Angel food cake and strawberries! Yum! Thanks for the tag. ~Mandy

Who's J.E. Dickerson? said...

So enjoyed talking to you when I dropped by Monday... and loved your wonderful shop! You were right -- I dropped by Riverview and lo and behold, I found a great robins-egg blue bench and my friend Loretta, too!
Thanks for the lead... I'll be sure to stop in again when I'm in your neck of the woods.
--Kris at Dickersons in Topeka