Friday, November 13, 2009

The kids have a new house...

Allison & John signed on their new home today and they are so excited. They'll have so much more room and lots of potential. John's really interested in this era home so they have lots of plans. It's also in a great neighborhood and just around the corner from the kids' school. It's also right behind their church.


Here's Allison holding Gwendolyn and Gwendolyn's mom & Allison's good friend, Diane. They live in walking distance of each other.
These are my shutters that I've painted. I'm just not sure that the red is deep enough. What do you think? I need honest opinions here. I have 4 big windows across the top floor that will have shutters.
. Hope everyone has a great fall weekend. Judy and I are heading to Lebanon tomorrow for an open house at Tattered Treasures. I have to come back and take something to Leola's because I sold 2 pieces today. Then I'll have the grandkids tomorrow night for a sleepover and they may be with me through Sun. night. Happy weekend!

5 comments:

Mindy said...

I bet they are going to love their new home. The location sounds wonderful for them!

Now, you need to know that all computer monitors can "read" that red differently. The monitor I am on now makes them look a little pinky. Hot pinky. So, if that's true to your eye, then, I'd say go deeper. I don't think you want hot pink. ha! ~Mindy

A Wild Thing said...

How fun to have grandbabies that still want to be with Granny...mine will soon be 22...sigh...

I'm with Mindy on that one too, but I find that when I use a flat paint, I can put on a stain, then wipe it off, it leaves the color rich and weathered looking...but I love the look of blood red against that beautiful brown...good luck!

...and yippee about the sales...Sisters' looks FABULOUS, I was there all day yesterday rearranging...whew!

See ya!
s

Susan said...

I would sand them a bit and put brown stain on them! That'd make them closer to the color you want!

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hey Jan, I deleted a bunch of stuff on my email and I lost your email address. I love the brown of your house, but I'm with Mindy, I think a brick red would be gorgeous for the shutters! Love Jand A's new house, wow, they will have a ball with it!
I just found my invitation to Brian and Meloney's Open House. I would love to tag along with someone if any of you are going. I don't want to drive by myself. I'd love to go Saturday so I can get some cool pix. Night is too hard for that. Let me know, OK?
Have a great weekend, I'm going to have to make a trip to Lebanon soon, This new store sounds great.
Debra

Suzy said...

I just love the color of your house!
I think they need to be darker red, too... But lookin' good! Have fun junkin!