Sunday, December 27, 2009

Our Christmas.....

We had such a nice Christmas. My grandchildren came in their pj's and stayed in them all day. It was bitter cold outside with about an inch of snow. We built a fire and just stayed in. We worked puzzles, played games, watched movies and ate.

Some of our extended family came late in the day and we ate some more and laughed. By the time everyone loaded up to leave, these 3 g'children could hardly hold their heads up. It had been another first for all of us and we made it but thought of him often and talked about all the years that he had been with us. We missed him.

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Ahhh. Memories of old while making new memories. Sounds like a warm, family Christmas to me. ~Mindy

A Wild Thing said...

Now this is the life!!! I certainly remember those jammy Christmas'...though my soon to be 22 year old Grandson was in his jammies too Christmas morn, sweats and skateboard t-shirts just don't replace the bunny and Batman memories...but fun was still had by all...glad your day was filled with fun and family!!!

trash talk said...

Loving him means missing him, but I'm so glad you had your family with you to share in the sweet memories of Christmas Past. Love the girls in their p.j.s. I stayed in mine all day Christmas.
Hoping you have a lovely New Year's. Good things to come in 2010...I can feel it!
Debbie

pollyanns said...

Sounds like a perfect day... my kids missed their grandmas this year... Bob and I missed our mom's and his dad, too. So thankful for all of those we have left... it makes it more meaningful and real when you've experienced those losses. We seem to appreciate harder now. Have a blessed new year and STAY WARM!

Barbsigns4u said...

I'm sure your dear Mike was with all of you in "Spirit" on Christmas day. I pray for warmer weather to come your way. It's been in the high 70's here in Southern California. I can remember snow ball fights with you and Mary Ellen in the front yard in LaRussell.
Warm Hugs,
Barb