Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A day at the office....

Yesterday was work day at Leola's so thought a few pictures were in order.  I had some new pieces for my area but before any furniture moving could be done, the vacuum had to be run.  We sold several pieces over the weekend and the shop was a mess.  Luckily, sister Jean came in and helped with vacuuming.  It was one of those Mondays when nothing much happened until afternoon so I got lots of work done.  It was also one of those days when everyone was waiting to get in Lamberts (home of throwed rolls) and wanted to use Leola's as a wait station and pit stop.  At one time all our chairs were full of people discussing the fact that they still had 30 min. to wait to be seated.  We finally had to tie ribbons across some white chairs to keep people out of them.  They ask to use the restroom & get huffy when you tell them you have no public restroom and then leave without spending a penny.  Do I sound bitter????  Some days are definitely worse then others and yesterday was one of them.  Luckily, we had paying customers come in so we ended up having a really good day.  Yea!!!!











































OK!  I'm over my little rant.  Hope you'll come in and see us.  We have some wonderful merchandise right now and would love for you to see it.  Have a great Tuesday and stay cool.

3 comments:

Anne Lorys said...

We all need to rant a bit now and then. I could go on for hours about hospital related stuff!

Have a wonderful Tuesday!
Hugs,
Anne

Bluebird aka Teresa said...

Your rant is fine! Wish I had come to the sale last weekend but alls well that ends well, as I've been finding some good stuff. Hope to get down your way soon and see the new arrangement at Leolas! Stay cool!

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Sweetie ~
You can rant on my shoulder anytime you want ~ the nerve of those Lamberts customers, I can't bear the thought of them sitting on one of Leola's chairs like it was a nothing. I only have one more Monday before school begins, but I'm coming down.
Hope to see you there!