Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Thanksgiving......

The leaves have almost all fallen and the garden is pretty much put to rest (except for the arugula, sage & rosemary).  It's almost a relief to take a little break from taking care of it all.  The only problem is that now I see all the things I've neglected in the house plus getting ready for Christmas decorating.

These are some of my Gurley turkey candles that I love so much.  They're out all year but get a little more attention during fall.  I'm a lover of yellowware bowls, treenware, old bread boards, barleytwist candleholders & all those early farmhouse items that are so often dark.  That's why I think my house looks it's very best in the fall.


I was practicing my photography skills with these rusty hinges.  The tutorials on several blogs have really helped but this was supposed to show how to target one object and the background was blurry but it didn't quite work for me.  Practice, practice, practice!

No comments: