Saturday, January 29, 2011

A spring-like weekend......

It was a gorgeous weekend in the Ozarks and I got so much accomplished.  The yard was looking a little out-of-control so with the help of my great lawn guy & friend, Trenton, we managed to rake & fill 2 dozen trash bags.  What a difference it made.

Also managed to do some painting on some pieces for spring.  I'm painting mostly with whites and grays and I'm lovin' it. 

This is my chair that is finally finished.  I'm also making a pillow for it but it might be a few days.  I love the way it turned out.  Left the hem unfinished (thanks to the expert advice from my friend Cathy).  Think I'll do the same on the pillow.  The fabric is a drop cloth washed about 4 times.


I felt good about my first experience with a slip cover.  It may not be perfect but it looks pretty darn cute.  At least I won't be afraid if I come across another chair.  It's almost impossible to resale a chair if you've had to pay to have it upholstered or slipcovered.  Think I'll wait and take this in for Spring Open House.  Maybe by then I'll have the pillow done.  I may get a lot done this week since they're telling us we have a big snow storm coming.  That's the way it is in southern Mo. -- 70 degrees on Sat. & a winter storm on Monday.  At least we get a break.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your slipcover looks great , I've been thinking about getting a dropcloth and making some throw pillows ,I want to try to transfer some graphics onto them.

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Jan that chair is darling and you have done an amazing job! I don't think there is anything you can't do, you wonderful resourceful woman!
Love you ~ Katie