Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A beautiful day in the neighborhood....

It's been such a beautiful few days in the Ozarks and I've been able to get so much accomplished.  I love being able to work on the back porch.  The bad part about working in the back yard is that I keep seeing weeds that need to be pulled and a garden that needs to be tilled.  Oh, well, next week my good friend/lawn guy, Trenton, will be back from his mission trip he took for spring break & again, he'll save me.  Thanks God for Trenton!

This is the chest/buffet that I've owned for years & have always wanted to paint.  I've never been a big oak fan.

I am so happy with the outcome.  The handles kind of bothered me because they were so large but I ended up liking them once it was painted.  The locks were painted over but when I hit them with the sander, the brass showed just a little.  Here's the finished product.  What do you think?



I love these days when I can just stay home and work.  A customer had me meet her this morning at F.M. Store (one of Springfield's great treasures) to pick out fabric for her porch furniture.  So after we got our fabric and had lunch with Brenda, I headed back home to get some more work done.  It's just been such a difficult winter.  Normally, we have breaks in our winter where you can open the windows and work outside but we've had none of that this year.  There just seems to be a lot of catch-up work.

Hoping you're having beautiful weather too.

7 comments:

Susan said...

LOVE the chest - the paint came out great !!!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

love it!
★Linda★

cathycooley said...

love,love,love the chest! Is it staying at home or going to the shop? Haven't been to Leola's in a while, but am going to try soon! Keep up the amazing work.

Andrea said...

Great work, Jan! It looks amazing. The weather has been perfect for outdoor projects, too bad it's going to be cool for the next week. I thought Spring was here for good!

Jenny said...

Oh, it's so much more interesting now! Love it! Good work!

June said...

Jan the chest is really beautiful. It turned out just perfect. Are you keeping this piece? I see you sell things in Leola's.I have seen pictures of Leola's, it is such an awesome shop.
Thank you for your lovely message, it meant a lot to me that you would take the time to make my day.
sending hugs

Gatherings said...

Love the chest. Sooo much better. I do not like oak either and it just really warmed it up! What color of paint is that?