Sunday, July 10, 2011

A hot summer Sunday......

Well, according to my thermometer, it's 100 degrees.  It has just been miserable the last week or so & it just saps me of my energy (or that's the excuse I'm useing this week).  I had 3 g'kids on Fri. night and then just Stella last night.  It was a full weekend and I'm pooped.  To top it all off, a real estate agent called right after I got home from taking Stella home & asked if she could show the house.  Can you just imagine how it looked after my weekend.  So I rushed around cleaning everything, baking some cupcakes (so the house would smell good) and making all the beds.  Then, just as I started to leave, she called back and said they wouldn't be able to come -- they'd have to reschedule.  By that time I was sweating like crazy and starving.  I'm sure there was a good reason but they must not understand what most people go through when there house is shown.

The first contract was brought to me on Friday night and it was rediculous.  I know houses have really decreased in value but I took that into consideration when I priced the house.  For one thing, I don't have to sell it and I won't if  I can't get enough that I can buy another one.  It just seems to have turned into a big game and it's not much fun.

The garden is looking great (thanks to a couple of showers & my continual watering) but I'm having a problem with my green beans.  At first the rabbits were eating their leaves but now that's stopped and a bug is having a hayday eating the leaves.  Anyone know what it is and will Seven powder be ok to use when the plants are blooming.  I would love to be an organic gardener but there are just too many bugs in Missouri.

We're having a little issue with Japanese Beetles but I've checked and that's not the culprit.  It looks to be a small bug that is similar to a ladybug but orange/gold coloring.  Seems there's always something in the garden.

My gladiolas are beautiful.  They're just starting to bloom as is my crepe myrtle.  The crepe myrtles are beautiful all over Springfield but for some reason, mine are slow to bloom.  Maybe I trimmed them to much.  Boy, do the Japanese Beetles love crepe myrtle. 

Should be working on my chair but think I'll spend the rest of the afternoon with my current book.  I'm reading Janet Evanovich's Smokin' Seventeen.  If you've never read any of her books, you're really missing out.  But you should really start out with the first of the series.

Have a good week and stay cool!

7 comments:

Danavee said...

Missed you at the sale Friday, but we were early! Took home some goodies!

Unknown said...

Boy yes ! It has been hot , especially today. We could use some rain down here . I like it hot , but I want to be able to breath when I walk outside .

summersundays-jw said...

Dana - didn't get to the sale until after noon (had to wait on icemaker repairman) but I, too, got some goodies & Sharon, I can't work outside very long because of the sweat running in my eyes. I'm thinkin' about a sweatband.

A Wild Thing said...

Yeah, but you gitta read in a clean house and eat cupcakes, don't get much better...right!

A storm moved through just now, rained for a few minutes in my front yard, nothing in the back...strange...but it really cooled down, air is off and doors are open again.

My new beans are looking good, no bugs so far, haven't had the beetle problem this year, I see some, but I think my biggest concern will be the grasshoppers, they're about 3/4 of an inch now...now if I can just get the chickens to follow me to the other side of the yard, they'd have a heyday or a bug fest!

Been slow in the biz dept. too, just too hot for the peeps to come out I guess, maybe with a cool down, it'll bringum out...hope so!

Take care and enjoy that book(and cupcakes)!

Virginiarose said...

I wonder if the bugs on the beans are Asia Lady Beetles they look like lady bugs but are more orangy brown than red and black.I would have guessed they were Japanese bugs buy the look of the leaf,we have a lot of them here but supposed to be gone in a couple of weeks.
GOOD LUCK enjoy your book and cookies I think you earned them

Christy said...

Hang in there and wait for the right offer on your house! the same thing happened to us last year, we had a ridculous low offer and we countered with asking price, then we had another offer above asking price! You are not desparate like most buyers think! good luck!

hollyhock antiques said...

wow !they made lace of your leaves ! thanks i have been to busy to work on the outhouses i have my mom and dad there 75 and 85 and a hand full lol i am going to make my mom a new gazebo she wants me to fix her old one i will put pix of it up when i get it dun lol