Wednesday, December 21, 2011

And it continues........

Today was a day filled with children's voices singing songs of the season and really putting me in the Christmas spirit.  It started this morning with the grandkids' elementary school presenting a wonderful musical program.  They had such a packed house that they actually did it twice.  It's so great to see so many generations of families coming to appreciate the hard work that both the students and teachers have put into their programs.  We are truly blessed to live in a city that has citizens so supportive of their school system & it shows in so many ways.  It makes me proud & I'm so grateful for my grandchildren.
After a busy afternoon trying to tie up some of those loose ends and get some errands run, I met the kids at church for dinner and their music program there.  Sage was in the choir and also was a shepherd.  All 3 are in the older kid's choir now and it was beautiful.  There's nothing I love more at Christmas then children's voices singing.



Pastor John's message tonight was about taking a few minutes to set quietly and think about the true meaning of Christmas.  We run around and wear ourselves out and wake up the day after Christmas realizing we've done it again and then vowing to do it differently next year.  I don't know about you but it never changes for me.  I run like a crazy person until sometime, late afternoon, Christmas eve when I finally give myself permission to stop.  It's crazy!

Oh, well, it is what it is.  Tomorrow I'm taking it easy.  I hope to wrap packages, make some more of my chai tea mix and do a little cleaning.  Maybe I'll even take a nap.

3 comments:

nancy huggins said...

Yes the pagents the kids are in is always enjoyable and I remember going to many. Love the pictures ...I always start on the 26th for the next Christmas and still have things to do at the last minute mainly because when I am done I think of more to do. I have already started my list for next year and already have a few things in the big bin marked "Gifts 2012" :)
Merry Christmas my dear friend

barbsigns4u said...

What a wonderful way to get into the true Christmas Spirit! I, too, love the sound of youngster's voices singing Christmas Carols. I'm as done as I'm ever going to be with all the Christmas shopping and running around. My wish for everybody is Peace on Earth, Good will to Men. Relax and enjoy. I'm going to do a little cooking. We been eating out too much with all the "crazy" running around.

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Your grandkids are darling as always. Such cute faces ~ we are so blessed for you to have em and me to know them and you. Happy New Year dear friend. Hope it brings you much joy!