Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas trip to Silver Dollar City.....

Went with my kids yesterday to Silver Dollar City and I still have lights flashing in my eyes.  It is a beautiful place and a great place to get that sugar high.  The little ones love it but it was sooooo cold.  Luckily, they have hot chocolate stands on every corner.
They made me ride one ride with them but that was about my limit.  Luckily, Mom & Dad will ride almost anything.  These two girls have no fear.  They'll get on any ride, just the two of them.  I looked at the two of them holding on to each other in a ride and think how lucky they are to always have a sister/friend with them.
But Sage is lucky to have his Dad to ride with him.  John will ride anything.
Some nice people offered to take a picture of all of us.  What a night! 
Tomorrow is my boy Sage's 10th birthday.  What an amazing 10 years I've had with him.  He had his birthday party on Friday since they had no school.  Today he will be singing with his class at Barnes & Noble.  It's another business that donates a portion of the tickets that day to Field Elementary.  You have to tell them.  So if you're at Barnes & Noble and buy something, please specify you want it to go to Field.  It really helps out with the extras.  Their budgets have been cut so drastically.

I'm going to fix sloppy joes and brownies for Sage's birthday so they can come for dinner.  I'll also throw in some vegies and fruit after yesterday.  Hope you have a good day.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always love your blog, but this one is so special! It made me feel warm and fuzzy!! Happy birthday to Sage. What a handsome boy he is.

Debra@CommonGround said...

Looks like so much fun, Jan, and such a great photo of all of you! You are so blessed to have your family here with you! xo

Susan said...

WOW...where did those 10 yrs go?!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Yes indeed, as James Ingram and Linda Ronstadt sang ... somewhere out there, beneath the pale moonlight ...

And when the night wind starts to sing a lonesome lullaby
It helps to think we're sleeping underneath the same big sky ...

I always think of that song when I see the moon.

Definitely looks like you had a wonderful family outing. I don't do rides either! My rollercoaster days were over long ago! :)

Sure looks like it was a cold one. Stay warm and cozy. Happy Holidays! Tammy

And even though I know how very far apart we are
It helps to think we might be wishing on the same bright star ...

OLIVIA said...

WOW....... The CHRISTMAS TREE Looks Amazing!
I BET IT WAS REALLY COLD!!???