Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Backporch kind of morning.......

The heat will be moving back in later in the morning but for now it's the perfect morning for having fresh zucchini bread on the backporch.  It's a welcome relief to open the windows and let in some fresh air. 

Found these porches on Pinterest and made me want to re-do mine....


This picture is from iheartshabbychic.blogspot and I love the simplicity of it.

This is from A Primitive Place and would be good for my front door because there isn't much of a porch there. 

I've been working so hard trying to get some things finished for fall open house at Leola's.  It starts the evening of Sept. 6 so there's not much time.  Stella and I found a tree with tiny pinecones and picked up a basketful for decoration.  Then we picked up acorns in their neighbor's yard (yes, we had permission).  Some of the limbs had fallen with the leaves and nuts still on them.  They'll be perfect.  Wish my Sweet Annie would be ready but it's usually closer to Oct. before it's ready for harvest.

I'll finish with one last picture.  This one is from Country Living and I love, love, love it.  Wouldn't you love to sit with a bunch of people at this table.....maybe a little wine, some Wisconsin white cheddar, a French baguette, and pears.  Oh, and a little apple cobbler in Mason jars with Andy's frozen yogurt on top for desert. 


Life is good............

5 comments:

jc@leolas said...

Wish you hadn't mentionedd Wisconsin--makes me miss Door County. I can feel the clean, cool air blowing across the lake. Love the porches,and would really enjoy a meal around the long table.

Danavee said...

I love that photo of the shabby chair and white pumpkin! One of my faves.

Myra said...

Love your photos. Screen saver on my computer is a log house you featured on FB a couple months ago, but I'm actually thinking of changing it to the blue rocker and pumpkins! Fall, I do love it!! Looking forward to your open house!
Myra

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Oh man! That last image and the food you envisioned sounds absolutely incredible. Yummo! We had a lovely time on our recent trip where walking was bearable -- we were outside so much, and now back to the heat and dust of Kuwait. My poor, poor plants. Happy mid-week to you! Tammy

dulcy said...

Oh Pinterest is just the best! Super place to get creative quickly when feeling a bit down and tired. LOVED the article in the paper about you girls yesterday! Can't wait for open house!

xo
dulcy