Saturday, October 27, 2012

A cold day in the Ozarks.....

Thinkin' my tomatoes are goners after last night.  My kitchen is now full of green tomatoes but they're ripening nicely.  Last year I ate my last tomato on Thanksgiving.
It's sad to see the growing season over but I'm tired of trying to take care of it all.  So much to do....so little time.

We've been working on Kelli's front porch getting it decorated for a photo shoot for a magazine.  It was looking great until the cold front came in and the wind started blowing like a son-of-a-gun.  Check out the double doors.


We have 2 of these flatbacked baskets so one will go on each door.  We tried to use all naturals since it's a farmhouse. 

We've all got this "Ralph Lauren thing" going this Christmas so decided this fit the bill.


We have lots of quilts, wool throws and pillows.  It's going to be great but will be next fall before it's published.

I've also been working like crazy getting ready for open house at Leola's.  Found some great pieces of furniture plus lots of smalls.  Love all the wools they're showing this year so decided to dye some of mine and sell pieces.



This is a civil war era quilt with the best colors.  Has homespun for backing that's a wonderful plaid and was woven in narrow strips.  I'm going to hang it (very carefully) on my wall.  Still not sure if I can sell it but we'll see.

Plaids are everywhere this winter so made some great pillows.

Guess I'd better get this show on the road.....never enough time!!!  I'm missing those grandkids, too.  Haven't been able to spend much time with them lately.  We all stay way too busy.


Hope everyone has a great weekend.  Say a prayer that Hurricane Sandy misses our friends on the east coast. 

2 comments:

Danavee said...

Love the pumpkin pic with the kids! And that quilt is too beautiful!

Debra@CommonGround said...

Oh, the photo shoot sounds so cool. wanta hear all about it and I'll be down early for the Open House Pics if that's OK, gotta have my Leola's fix! See ya Thursday!