Monday, December 10, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas......

It's been a very busy couple of weeks in my life and it seems all I had managed to do was make a big mess with all the storage boxes.  After working most of the weekend and not accomplishing much, sister Judy came over today and got things moving.  Sometimes that's all I need.....a boost.

It's freezing cold here which makes it feel a little more Christmasy.  Even put a fire in the fireplace.  Tonight I've turned the overhead lights out and turned on the battery candles.  Feels like Christmas.  If you've never used the battery candles, they're wonderful.  Sometimes I leave them on all night.  It's so nice not to have to worry about forgetting a burning candle.  My grands use them for nightlights at Grandma's.



Things are coming together.  Now I need to get my schedule set.  Lots of programs with the grandkids and I'm wanting to have the girls from Leola's over for our annual Christmas party.  I'd also like to have some good friends over for lunch or dinner.  Always seems such a shame that we work so hard decorating and don't take the time to enjoy it with family and friends.  I've had reasons the last couple of weeks to think about how quickly time flies by.  We work and work at all the things we have to do and forget to enjoy those things that bring us the most joy.  I intend to bring more joy into my life and quit worrying about all those things I "should" be doing.

Anyway, enjoy the tour....












Have a good week!

5 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

Love that table top tree and all those wonderful ornaments, and wow Jan, that cupboard is just amazing!!! Have a great Christmas Season, enjoy those kiddos! xoxo

Danavee said...

SO MUCH EYE CANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dulcy said...

Gorgeous! I agree with Debra, that the cupboard is fabulous... love the bit of blue the pitcher brings. It's all so Christmasy!

xo
dulcy

Carolyn Langston said...

Your home looks so beautiful! I hope you find the time to enjoy every spare moment with your family and friends. Peace and love, Carolyn

Myra said...

Love your decorations! I got to go to Leola's on Saturday! I got a wonderful balsam-smelling candle. Love those candles. Lots of eye candy in the shop!!