Thursday, December 27, 2012

The silence after Christmas....

It's always so quiet right after Christmas.  Seems we run like crazy people up to Dec. 25th and then wham.....the brakes go on.  It's so nice to just sit and not think of all the things you need to be doingI

For the first time in many years, I took only a few pictures this Christmas.  There was so much going on and the camera didn't make it out of my purse.  The few pictures I did take were on my phone.  I'm so bummed!

This picture I took on Christmas Eve as we were getting ready to go to church.  Allison fixed a big pot of soup and the kids step-sister came over with Landon (their nephew....yes, they're "aunts" & "uncle") and we had a wonderful dinner.  The church service was beautiful and they all participated.

 
Phoebe and Stella had a birthday party at the ice rink.  



That troublesome "elf on the shelf" put googledy eyes on their pictures while they slept one night. 


We totally missed the snow on Christmas Eve.  After the weather people had us all excited about a white christmas then nothing.....bummer.  Actually, we were relieved when we saw the accidents it caused just south of here.

It was a wonderful Christmas and I finished the day thinking about how blessed I am.  It's been a good year.  I'm praying that the prediction I've heard that we're supposed to be entering a long period of peace and tranquility is true.....we certainly could use it. 

Happy new year to all.....PEACE!

3 comments:

Danavee said...

Happy New Year! I love the google eyes on that pic! CUTE!

Tammy said...

Yes, peace and tranquility is much needed by many all around the world. Sounds like you had a lovely holiday! Best wishes for the new year, Tammy

Dog Trot Farm said...

It feels a bit strange to be able to sit. No shopping, baking, wrapping, just peace and quiet. Looks like you enjoyed a delightful holiday, lovey family. Love the google eyes on the photograph, very crafty. Sending New Year's greetings from Maine, Julie.