Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The falling leaves.......

I love my trees but they sure make the lawn guys job a lot harder.....

 

It's been a beautiful fall.  According to the weather people, this weekend we're to have a killing frost so goodbye to the garden. 

Last weekend Judy and I made the trip to Dry Creek Cabins in Dixon, MO, for their annual Fall Antique Sale and open house.  I love this place.  It's just hard to explain the feeling I get when we pull into the driveway.






They always offer their guests coffee and have something cooking in a big black cast iron pot on an open fire......so inviting!


Loved the sheep......




There were wonderful artisans there selling their wares and lots of wonderful antiques....





 
It was just a wonderful way to spend a beautiful fall day.....
 
 
 
Looks to be a perfect weekend for building a big ole fire in the fireplace and finish some of those projects I have started for Leola's Holiday Open House that starts next Thursday.  
 


3 comments:

Mugwump Woolies said...

Great pics of your lovely day out...love the sheep!
Robyn

dulcy said...

Well that looks like the perfect way to spend a fall day! Will have to check it out some day.

Tammy Burks said...

You are always going to the neatest places!! How do you find them all? I guess you're just a born explorer!