Friday, May 22, 2015

Happy Memorial weekend....bring on summer....


School is out, pools will open this weekend.....bring it on!!!!  Always love Memorial weekend for lots of  reasons.  First of all, I know the relevance of the weekend and certainly respect that but my whole life, it's been family reunion weekend.  We always gathered for a big picnic and then headed to the cemetery.  My mother was so adamant about decorating loved one's graves so we have tried to uphold that tradition.  Today my four sisters and I headed to Dallas County to do our duty.  I'm afraid our generation may be the last one to do this in our family....kind of sad.  I'm determined to take my daughter and grands to visit their ancestors this summer.  They've all shown an interest in finding out more about our families' history and that's a great place to start.

Even with the cool temps the last few days, my yard is looking great.


This is actually a flower garden but everything is so big this year.  My sage is like a bush!

And the birds love it.....


Don't ask me what the deal is with these two birds but it actually happened.  I'm not even certain what the birds are.  At first I thought they were woodpeckers but don't think so now.

I have so many of these tiny wrens.  They've made a nest in a gourd birdhouse right outside my screened-in porch.....

 ....
My first coreopsis.....

Hopefully, next week I'll get my house listed and get this show on the road.  Things look so good right now and I've planted a garden that's growing fast.  I couldn't stand not to plant stuff (just in case).  If you remember, last time I listed it, I ended up taking it off the market.  The offers I got were ridiculous and it was a time when houses were not selling well.  Just figure I have little to lose by trying again and lots to gain....we'll see!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial weekend.  Let's all pray for good weather!

PEACE.....

No comments: