Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Rain, rain go away.....

I know I shouldn't complain but I'm so tired of this.  Let's get on with summer.....



 
It's certainly making for some beautiful flowers.
 
And in case anyone is interested....here's the latest chapter of my saga.  I got an estimate for all the work that has to be done to get the house hooked up to city sewer.  YIKES!!!!  Not an inexpensive project!  Had to go yesterday and get the paperwork done at the city water department and pay the almost $1000 for that.  Next on the agenda is to get started on the actual work and with all the rain, they'll wait to start it next week.  Then they start digging up the back yard.
 
I'm trying to concentrate on getting things cleaned out and packed.  With all the rain, I'm constantly pulling weeds and trying to keep the yard looking good.  The garden is going crazy.
 
Hope everyone is making it through this crazy weather we're having.  Looks like if we can make it through the tropical storm this week then we'll be rewarded with lots of sun and warm temps for awhile.  It's about time!!!!
 


1 comment:

dulcy said...

My flowers are all a bit droopy because of the heavy water. First, the peonies flopped and dropped, now some of the hydrangeas and lilies. We need a bit of sun!