Monday, November 16, 2015

Rainy day and Mondays.....



It's a rainy ole day and haven't managed to accomplish much.   I did change my beds and put the flannel sheets on.  It's been chilly here at night and I love turning the furnace off and snuggling into my warm, flannel sheets.  My grandkids love their flannels, too.  That's been about it so thought it would be a good day to write a blog post.

It's been such a busy couple of weeks trying to get everything ready for Leola's Holiday Open House.  Think sometimes we make it more work then we need to but we always want to stand out in the crowd.  Sister, Linda, and I have almost decided we're to old for this kind of work.  Don't think I'd ever felt as tired in my life as I did this time.  Our sister, Judy, has already retired from the business so more work has been shifted to our shoulders.  Oh, well, we made it and it was a huge success.


These are some of the candy canes that I make and also make the fabric balls for bowl fillers.

And the pillows are some of my wool applique....








We're so grateful to all those who have been our loyal customers and always show up for our open houses.  They make it worth it.

Have a wonderful week.




4 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hey Jan, it was so good seeing you at the Open House! I wondered about Judy, I totally understand how hard (on the person) being in the business can be. I missed seeing her there. Everything looked amazing. Loved Pam's adorable little ruffled long tunics. so cute. wish I was 30!

Myra said...

Your pictures are awesome!!

dulcy said...

Such fun seeing your and Allison last night!! Wasn't that just the best evening? I'm planning on getting down to the shop as soon as next week is over. Hope to see you Thursday night!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

It all looks great! I'd for sure be there if I wasn't so far away. :)