Thursday, June 23, 2016

New home report....

I apologize!  It's been way too long.  Couldn't seem to get my head back into the game.  It's been quite a process trying to get my new house and my life back in order.... I'm feeling good about both.  I love my new house and my new neighborhood.  Everyone is so friendly and go out of their way to make me feel welcome.  It's been a remarkably easy transition (I say now)!

I know my hostas that I transplanted don't look so good but they'll look great next summer.  At least they're blooming.

This is kind of what's going on in front of my house.  Since I'm on a cul-de-sac, I have kind of a different shaped front and large side yard.
The previous landscaping is basically pebbles and shrubs with nothing that flowers.  Luckily, I have neighbors with beautiful yards and tons of perennials that they were more then happy to share.  I'll be able to do more this fall or next spring.  It was a little late to separate hostas so I didn't do many.

This is my garden that I put on my side yard.  I used an old beadboard door I had, cut it into and attached it to my fence.  It's not very big but it's holding 4 tomato plants, 5 basil plants and 1 big chive plant.  There's room for expansion next year.

Next post I'll show some of the interior.  I still have lots to do but it's really feeling like home.  It won't take so long this time.

2 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

I'm so glad to see you post, and I can't wait to see more! I know you must be enjoying your summer!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I'm glad to hear that the transition was smooth and that you have such wonderful neighbors who are so welcoming. Have a great new week! Tammy