Saturday, August 2, 2008

It's zucchini-time again!

This is that time of the summer when all of a sudden the zucchini gets ripe and you think what on earth can I do with 20 zucchini. I've also noticed that it's very difficult to find takers for the surplus so I start digging in my recipes. Today I decided was a good day to stay inside and bake. It's in the upper 90's with high humidity and feels like August in Missouri. So I pulled out my old reliable copy of "Just a Matter of Time" by Roxie & Shelly and made Zucchini bread & banana muffins. The recipe only called for a total of 1 zucchini so guess I've got some thinkin' to do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jan, I just noticed the green table from a few posts ago... hmmm, looks very familiar, and so so cute! Glad you are using it. By the way, when does the zucchini bread get to the store? yum.
love ya, Debra

summersundays-jw said...

I love that table & it's perfect for the porch. The kids paint on it & It wipes right off. Bet you wish you'd kept it. Zucchini bread on Tues. See ya! Jan

dulcy said...

Hi Jan!

Had such a great time with you in the shop the other day. I put my little water color in the bedroom window where the light shines through it. It's just lovely. Also, the salmon sauce is delicious!

dulcy