Sunday, September 21, 2008

Weekend in Kansas City!

Another weekend spent on the road but we had such a good time. My sisters and I took off on Friday morning heading to KC for our sister-in-law Alice's 39th b'day party (not exactly the truth). Of course no trip can be made without doing some antiquing plus we're all desperate to add some inventory at Leola's.

Our first stop was in Lamar at Faithful Peddler Antique Mall. As you can see, it's a wonderful shop.



We stopped at several other shops along the way including Keepers in Harrisonville. Friday night after gourmet pancakes at Cracker Barrel we went to Alice's birthday party. I'll show pictures of the party next week.



Then early on Sat. morning we were off to Greenwood to the twice-yearly "On the Commons" antique show & sale. It is just the best antiques show in our area especially if you like primitives.




This adorable little girl decided to set inside this huge crock -- I think to get away from the crowd inside this little shop on the grounds of the farm.

I was so excited to hear that Maggie Bonanomi was signing her new book "With These Hands" at On the Commons. So many of the wool applique projects I've done including the "Peace" pillow I did for my giveaway was her design. The pictures in her book are from her house in Lexington, Mo. where she also has a wonderful shop (where she holds classes) called Simply Butternut. She just does the most amazing needlework. She's also a part of a shop in Greenwood now -- or that's what we were told.



No comments: