Sunday, October 26, 2008

Saturday in Arkansas!

Judy, Linda & I took off yesterday & headed for Eureka Springs & all the antique shops in-between. It was a gorgeous day for a drive through the Ozarks. We tried to be aware of the scenery but sometimes when you're trying to solve the problems of the world you miss alot. I'll sure be glad when this election is over so we can turn all our problems over to a new president. (That's a joke, of course!!!! ) Lucky for us, we all pretty much share the same political views so there's not much arguing. Just discussing & sharing our fears & hopes for the future.

Anyway, we had a great day & came home with so many great ideas & renewed enthusiasm. Our favorite place in Eureka Springs is Something Simple. It is the most beautiful store thanks to the talented owner, Kaylene. I just would like to know how she runs the shop, makes the wonderfully creative things she comes up with & maintains a guest cottage outside of town. She's really amazing! The tree below is kind of a Halloween tree but truly a gentle Halloween tree.

This tree is more of a Christmas tree but had lots of things you could use all year.
This was the most amazing wreath. I thought how cute it would be with g'children's Christmas pictures on it along with old family Christmas pictures all copied in sepia tones.

This was her front porch with rakes done in an arrangement on pillars. She painted one rake on each side white. Who would have thought.......
Another one of the places we love here is Vintage Cargo. Every fall we are wowed by these berries at their front. This year some were bright orange & some bright red. They are absolutely gorgeousI love this saying & seems to fit my life right now. I can see a bumper sticker & an apron. Don't you sometimes want to say "it is what it is" when you serve a meal?

I'm not much of a "new" shop person until I get in Vintage Cargo. They sell a dish detergent that I buy this time every year that smells just like a Christmas tree. It's expensive but with most expensive soaps, it lasts forever. I also bought the cutest chocolate molds that I'll either tie on packages or hang in the kitchen.
This is a view down one of the streets. It is such a unique little town. I'd like to live there someday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you girls found some treasures!!! I love you Jan. Jessi

summersundays-jw said...

we had a great time. Sometime you'll have to go on a trip with your great aunts & g'mother. You'd have a great time. Thanks for leaving a comment. I love you too Jessica.

Doreen Frost said...

Jan. What a great post...looks like a wonderful trip. Love all the white in the first shop..so neat..and "it is what it is"..that's a great saying..and so very true.

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit me..I'm going to add you to my blog list and my blogs I follow..if you don't mind.

About the tree on my blog..yes..I do make those..it is mounted in a White Birch stump though not a crock....and I do plan on selling a couple of them. I would have emailed you but I couldn't find you email address...sorry to post this here :).

Okay...off to add you to my list.

Have a wonderful day,
Blessings,
Doreen

Ragamuffin Gal said...

I think it is a darling place to live too! I adore those white trees!