Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July at Linda's

Sage enjoying his sparklers.


We had such a good time on the 4th of July at my sister Linda's house. The kids swam in the pool and watched the air show overhead then after hotdogs & dessert, they watched the amazing fireworks extravaganza. It was wonderful weather -- a nice breeze blowing and in the evening you actually needed a jacket.


This is for my friend, Barbara, who asked why my sister Mary was never in our pictures. She's been in Colorado with her daughter, Jennifer, and her family and she's here just for a few days & will be returning soon. This is Mary and sister Jean.


Stella is waiting for her hotdog after having a nice swim.

Mike's sister Susan & her husband, Mike, came for the weekend. We had such a good time and I managed to get lots of projects completed. Yes, you can actually use my spare bathroom and not get locked in.


Stella and Dad playing a game.



Mom and Phoebe playing with sparklers.


Allison still playing with fire.


John Lake and Phoebe.


Where does summer go? Seems like once 4th of July goes by, we're on the downhill slide. Oh, well, I won't worry about that tonight.







7 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

Great pix!

Debra@CommonGround said...

I crack myself up!!!! You can kick my #&@@ the next time you see me.
Debra

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Looks like ya'll had a great time!

David said...

I love the picture of Stella on the quilt! What a doll! Looks like a fine time was had by all.

A Wild Thing said...

I feel the same way, after the 4th, it's all down hill and the worrying begins. But that's one of the reasons we want to get Lorie up in Palo ASAP, so the stores can be open more.

We will still have the 'White' store and I will have it filled with soaps and candles, trying to hook up with that local crowd that will hopefully come in the winter months too...we won't ever give up that lil' shop, it's so cute!

AND, maybe I can start on the votives while I'm up there too..weeee...

Ragamuffin Gal said...

I feel like I was there! Your family as always beautiful and having fun! How could they not ~ they were raised so wonderfully! Love all the photos and am so sorry I missed getting to see Mary Ellen ~ she sent me a not on FB. Cannot wait to be together again!
Love and Blessings,
Katie

Barbsigns4u said...

Awe, thanks Jan for taking a picture of your baby sister, Mary Ellen. What a grand time you all had at Linda's. I've been in Las Vegas twice in the past month, so I missed many of your blogs. I'm having fun catching up. We've had a wonderful summer, and I see you have had a marvelous one, too. Your garden is superior! Yummers. Nothing better than home grown fresh vegetables picked right from your garden. Love to all.
Barb