Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Springfield's Japanese Stroll Garden.....

Saturday was such a beautiful day and a perfect day to go for a walk in the park with grandson Sage. It just happened to be a special day at the Japanese stroll gardens with all kinds of festivities to enjoy. We are so blessed to have wonderful parks to enjoy and this is one of my favorites. It was also a good time to take pictures with my new Canon. I'm really loving it.
There were huge fish in the ponds and they were all different colors.






Sage has always loved origami and they had several high school students that were taking Japanese and were helping the kids with Japanese crafts. This is a butterfly that a young man helped Sage make.



Seems that we have less time these days to spend together but it always makes me happy to know they still want to spend time with me. It was a good day.



3 comments:

David said...

Nice pictures! Which Canon did you get? Glad you and Sage had fun!

summersundays-jw said...

David, I got a Power Shot SX 200 IS. I love the fact that it has a 12X zoom & it's pretty simple to use.

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Precious faced boy ~ I love your Sage so much!!! I like the picture where he is in the round space. How are all the kiddos liking school??? Love to you! kt