Thursday, November 19, 2009

My new bag....

Several weeks ago I was checking out http://dulcysdoorstep.blogspot.com/ to see what my friend Dulcy was doing. She's always got a new project going and lately it's been these beautiful hooked wool handbags. The first time she came to Leola's carrying one of her bags, I could hardly stand it I wanted one so bad. I tried to be subtle about it but I think she got the hint. She told me that she would make me one but it might take awhile. Well, there it was, right there on her blog -- my handbag. So yesterday she brought it by the shop and here it is being held by my sister-in-law Alice, who's visiting from Kansas City. You'll also notice Jean, Linda and Kay (my other SIL) as we gathered at Jean's place to meet my new bag and also go to lunch. Here we are at the Lemon Drop Tea Room where we took my new purse and Alice out for lunch. I think my purse had a good time as did Alice.
Thanks so much to Dulcy for this wonderful treasure. It's one of those things you hope someday to hand down to a granddaughter. We plan on many more trips the two of us. Hopefully, in a couple of weeks we can go to Miss Frenchie's sale in Kansas City.

5 comments:

Mindy said...

I love the bag! I love it! You and your girl friends and family are always on the go, aren't you? ~Mindy

trash talk said...

Looks like the new handbag had the best seat in the house...or tea room! Wouldn't want her to get a dirty bottom!
Debbie

Debra@CommonGround said...

That Dulcy is just amazingly talented. Your new bag is gorgeous!! Have a great Thanksgiving week!!
hugs,
Debra

ShabbySheep said...

Love your new bag and the fact that she's going everywhere with you! I told Dulcy I would take that extra one. Isn't she a fabulous hooker? She's knitted me a scarf to donate to cancer patients. God love her.

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Your new bag is lovely! I know you will enjoy it! What a great time you gals have together! Hope to see you soon! Blessings!