Monday, April 19, 2010

Everything is blooming.....

I don't think I remember a prettier spring.  The top picture is a white lilac that I cut from the bush in my back yard.  The fragrance is amazing.  The whole backyard smells wonderful.  Everything is in bloom at the same time.  The lower picture is from Allison's neighborhood.

I worked at Leola's today and had a pretty good day.  It was one of those days when lots of people dropped by for a visit -- that's always nice.  One thing I've noticed is that we're not selling as many gardening things as we have in the past.  Maybe people haven't started really decorating their porches and yards yet.  I've kind of put it off until  all the green stuff has fallen from the trees.  We'll see what happens in a week or two.

Hope you have a great week.

6 comments:

Danavee said...

I've never seen white lilac! WOW!

Nancy said...

Hi Jan,

The white lilac is so Wonderful!! I didn't know there was such a thing. Did you plant the bush? It is such a beautiful spring. We are so deserving after such a cold and gray winter!!

Happy Spring,
Nancy

Lori R. said...

Wow, what a pretty lilac color. I used to love them, until I developed allergies, AAAchuuuuu...
The Red Bud trees are amazing. Everything here is crazy with blooms too... Thanks for the visit the other day. Alas, I am getting over the sinus infection. Have a wonderful week...

Nancy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
David said...

Sounds wonderful! I like your blog banner!

Anne Lorys said...

That pitcher is just gorgeous, and the white lilacs? Perfection.

Can't wait to see Leola's in person...sometime this Summer, I'm hoping!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Anne