Friday, September 24, 2010

Signs of Fall......

It's a beautiful fall day in the Ozarks and signs of the season are all around.  Earlier in the week we had a harvest moon that was so bright you could hardly look straight at it.  I'm certain you saw it too if it wasn't cloudy.
Almost everything is gone from my garden but I'm still getting tomatoes & the herbs are doing well.  Yesterday I harvested some of my Sweet Annie & tied it in bunches to sale at Leola's.  It dries beautifully & smells wonderful.  I always like to save some to make little Christmas trees out of but most will go to Leola's.

 



















I picked the last of my little pumpkins today.  Most of them sold at the shop over open house but I saved a few for home. 
My garden shed is covered this year with purple hyacinth bean vine.  This is the time of year when it is at it's very prettiest.


Next week my sisters & I have plans to take off for a few days & head up north.  There are several sales going on & the weather should be good.  I look forward to sitting back in the car & heading down the highway.  It's been awhile.

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I tried to get a picture of that harvest moon but it didn't turn out as nicely as your's!

What is Sweet Annie? Looks great whatever it is!

I just planted some tomato plants today but not sure if they will take as it is still too hot here.

Hope you are having a great weekend. Enjoy your trip up north with the sisters. Best wishes, Tammy

Relyn Lawson said...

Jan, Thank you so much for your kind wishes. That Katie! She's a wonder. I hope to see you at Lola's some time. I love to shop there, but never seem to see you. Katie just has better timing than I do, I guess. ha

Simply Iowa said...

Hey Jan...
Thanks for everything... You are a dear, wonderful soul... I so enjoyed our visit... and thank you, and the Girls, for making the trek...
This week is going to be ruff... I'd like to just crawl in a hole...
Thanks for the kind words...
My love to you...
Barb C.