Thursday, June 30, 2011

It's a heat wave......

It is HOT in Missouri and dry, dry, dry.  It's very important these days to jump out of bed early to get that watering done or it's sweat-city.  The garden is looking great but I planted several things in containers in case I moved so they dry out really fast.  I've never found a sprinkler that works the way I want it to and you're not supposed to get water on the tomato plants.  Thus far, it takes about 30 min. to get it all watered.

My basil is going crazy and some of the garlic is ready to harvest -- two of my favorite things.  So Saturday night I'm having some friends in for dinner & we're having pesto on pasta, bruschetta & a big ole green salad.  I've been making the bread that you store the dough in the frig & I love it.  It's an artisian bread so it's nice & crunchy on the outside but very soft on the inside.  Perfect toasted with a little Parmesan for bruschetta.
I feel like if I'm having to keep the house all shined & polished, I might enjoy it a little too.  By the way, the potential buyers are coming back on Sat. for a 3rd viewing -- that surely must mean they're serious.  We'll see!!!!

I bought this chair at a garage sale last weekend & thought that it would be a breeze to re-do.  It looked to be in perfect shape except for the ugly upholstery.

I even thought it was kind of cool when I took the old fabric off and there was old burlap until I touched it. 
And this was what I found.

The cushion had totally disintegrated.  It was just like sand.  So I had to completely strip it down.  I don't like to use old stuffing anyway unless it's in great condition.  The chair is a really good, tight chair so now it will be like new.  Not sure yet what I'll cover it in or rather to paint it.  Any suggestions?????

7 comments:

Susan said...

It HAS to be a good sign to have a 3rd showing!!! I'll keep the prayers and positive thoughts going your way!!!!
Love you!

Tammy Burks said...

I'd say red laquer for the chair with some sort of sweet print or floral for the fabric....I know, I know....RED LAQUER?....think about it...

Unknown said...

Sounds serious on the house ! Good luck ! I think that chair would look good with grain sack upholstery . To bad those vintage ones cost so much. I love that look .

A Wild Thing said...

Hey girl, been thinkin' 'bout cha...it just seems like there is never enough time in the day to contact all my bloggy buds like I want to, it's up at the crack of dawn and out to the garden, then back in to groom dogs till noon. I've been getting a lot of new clients...hey, I thought I retired from that 15 years ago...GEESH!

Been very hot the last 2 dayz, with no rain, we really could use it even though the rivers are still high...and those derned wabbits, ate all my 1st crop beans too, hmmm, wabbit stew...I do have more planted now and it only took a few days for the sprouts to pop out of the ground, now I have to keep them watered so the heat doesn't gettum, but I've mulched with straw, so that should help...AND...lined the patch with chicken wire...I'll show them pesky critters!!!

Stay cool girl and let's hope for a sale on the house and a wonderful 4th of July!!!

Sharon

OLIVIA said...

HOPE YOUR HOUSE WILL SELL VERY FAST I BET IT WILL! :) HOPE YOUR STAYING COOL. :) IT SOUNDS VERY SERIOUS ABOUT YOUR HOUSE I THINK IT WILL SELL! :):):):) YOUR CHAIR LOOK'S GOOD. :):):) HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON
LOVE OLIVIA :)

Shad said...

Love the chair! i saw one just like it at my favorite (so far) vintage shop out here. It had been re- upholstered in leather and priced at $700. I sure hope those people make you a great offer on the house!

June said...

Jan you have been one busy girl! I really do love that chair. Hmmm, to paint or not to paint? It is lovely way it is, but would be awesome painted too. I know whatever you do, it will be terrific!
hugs to you...