Thursday, June 9, 2011

There's a sign in my yard........

My realtor came this morning and put the sign in my yard.

I feel like I've been preparing for this for months.  It's now ready to go.  My sisters came yesterday & ran through this house like crazy women but they really decluttered my house.  Sometimes it takes someone else coming in to tell you what you need to get rid of or hide under the bed.  There's no more room in my storage bldg. so it 's got to find a place here.

Don't know what I'd do without this motley crew of crazy women.  They always show up when I need them.

Here are some pictures of my house when we finished.  What do you think?  If you have any suggestions, I'd be more then happy to hear them.

This is my entry hall.  Jeff recently put an electrical outlet on the wall so I could have a lamp.  I'm astounded at the difference it made.  So welcoming.




Above is my great room where I do most of my living. 





Above is my living room/dining room.  Lots of hours spent around this table.  It was built by my mother's grandfather & I was lucky enough to end up with it.  I've often wondered what my great-grandfather would have thought if he'd had the slightest inkling that his great-granddaughter would put a finish on his old farm table.




Maybe soon I can post the bedrooms.  If anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

8 comments:

Danavee said...

I love your pie safe! And everything else about your house and decor!!!

Debra@CommonGround said...

It looks wonderful, Jan! You and the crew did a great job!!

Virginiarose said...

Just plain love your house and everything in it I would live there in a heart beat ,if I lived there

Susan said...

Everytime we've sold a house I get it fixed up the way I'd been wanting it JUST TO PUT IT ON THE MARKET! I'm determined to get this place fixed up - just have no time. Everything looks wonderful - I especially love the fireplace painted, and the railing in the livingroom. Say hi to that crazy crew you had working with you.

Ragamuffin Gal said...

OMY it looks so good I want to come over and live there, of course I wanted to do that even before the sisters helped you stage it! What I really see when I look at your home is all the love it holds ~ and that will be with you no matter where you go! But it looks really inviting and beautiful too!!!! Love you dearie! Dulcy and I will be out and about tomorrow in Ozark, maybe we'll see you! XX

OLIVIA said...

JAN IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL! YOUR GOING TO
SELL YOUR HOUSE VERY FAST!YOU AND THE CREW DID A GOOD JOB! HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON! :) MUCH LOVE OLIVIA :)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I think it is gorgeous. The experts say you should paint the walls a neutral color but anyone who can't come in and see beyond that is crazy! Color is a wonderful thing. And if you don't like, so easy to change. So great that you have friends and family to help you along the way. Wishing you all the best, Tammy

Jenny said...

I think it's beautiful. I have no suggestions whatsoever...except perhaps that pie safe is a little cluttery and should come to Arizona to live. Good luck!