Thursday, September 8, 2011

Leola's Fall Open House.....

What a crazy week this has been!  I have company -- our friend from waaaaay back came from California for a week.  She's been a delight and a trooper.  She knew we were getting ready for open house but no one really understands how much work it is until they see it.  So she's been spending time with us at Leola's, cutting grapevine, gathering bittersweet and doing some heavy lifting.  She has a pretty cushy life in San Pedro so we've given her quite a workout but we've had so many laughs in the process.

This is Judy's car loaded down with vines & limbs from their land.  We always wonder what people are thinking who pull up beside us at a stoplight.

We all spend a great deal of time up on a ladder.  Kristi is so funny because she rigs her own lighting up and can do most anything.

Judy brought  in these amazing vintage Ralph Lauren handmade shoes and the fit Kristi perfectly.  She said they felt so good on her feet so guess who now owns them.


Tomorrow I'll have pictures from the shop.  I was just too tired last night.  Wish us luck!  Should be a great open house and the weather couldn't be more perfect.  Hopefully, I'll see some of you there.  If I don't know you, please introduce yourself.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Luck ! I so want to come , but I am broke and the temptation will kill me .So post lots of pictures !

Danavee said...

Can't wait! See you TONIGHT!

OLIVIA said...

THE STORE LOOKS SO PRETTY! :) AND I JUST WANT TO BUY EVERY THING! :)

Andrea said...

The shop looked wonderful tonight! Loved the Adele music too. It was good to see you!

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Oh, I had so much fun last night!!!
And I forgot to wish you happy birthday ~ so here I am with wishes for a beautiful day and year my friend. I am so glad you were born!!
Blessings,
Katie

David said...

I got the post card. Wish Mindy and I could make it! Best wishes!