Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fall Projects.....

Would you believe that after a busy couple of weeks, I've not had my car out of the garage since Sunday.  Can't tell you how good it's felt to stay home and work on some of the projects that had been put off.  Sister, Mary, had brought me an old white sweater to use on my pumpkins.  Love the way they turned out. 



The sweet annie is perfect for harvesting right now so have managed to cut a few bunches.  It can be so messy when it dries and leave green dust and seeds all over.  Today, after doing some research, I found what is claimed to be a remedy.  After you cut it, you put it in containers with water and glycerin for a few days.  It not only keeps it from shedding but maintains the beautiful color.  I'm anxious to give it a try.  Guess I'll get the car out of the garage.


Also pulled a few of my favorite decorations out and did a little decorating.  If you remember, last year I packed everything so didn't do much.  So glad to see some of my old friends.  Love these things on my mantle.
 

 
 
My friend, Barbara, who was here visiting last week, brought me this little brush.  Not certain but think it was a powder brush.  It's too soft for a shaving brush (I think).  Can I just tell you how much I have fallen in love with this little brush.  It's just one of those crazy things!  Thanks Barbara for this very special gift.
 


It just stands there on my mantle like it's fully aware of how cool it is!

We have been blessed with the most amazing weather the last few days.  Signs of fall are all over.  The trees are beginning to turn and my garden is loving it.  Just hope we have a late frost so I get lots more tomatoes.  Love the heirloom varieties because they last so much longer in the fall (not to mention that they have not been genetically altered).

I'm off to buy glycerin......have a great day!

2 comments:

Danavee said...

Yahooooo for this weather! Love that handle on the brush!

must love junk said...

Your fall decorations look great, and those little sweater pumpkins are TOO cute!! I'm your newest follower :)
Susan