Saturday, March 2, 2013

Is it Spring yet.........


So darn mad at that groundhog!  I took him at his word and started thinking "spring" and what happens......winter happens!  It's been so hard getting my mind out of the doldrums.  I've tried everything I know to do.  My garden seeds are now under the grow light, I've been making lampshades in soft colors and forcing forsythia but can't seem to bring enough light into the house to get me out of this mood.  It happens every winter, even with meds, but doesn't make it any easier to get through.  Every winter I tell myself that next winter I'll leave for awhile but time goes by and another "blue mood" is upon me.  Next winter.....for sure!!!!

 
We begin this week trying to transform the store into "SPRING".  Next week, starting on Thursday evening, is our big Spring Open House.  There are lots of ideas swimming around in my head.  One of the other women at Leola's, Pam, taught me to draw pictures of what I want things to look like.  It's really helped me to remember all those ideas once I start working.  Today, I'll concentrate on finishing some of my projects and pricing (my least favorite activity).
 
Say a little prayer that the sun will come out and the temps will warm.  I need to get my hands in the soil and spend some time with my best friend "Mother Nature".
 
Have a great weekend!


7 comments:

Danavee said...

I think spring is coming soon! I'm willing it to come!!!

Can't wait for THURSDAY!

Myra said...

Hey, we have SUNSHINE this afternoon, that should help! And warmer tomorrow, too! Hope that makes you feel better!! Looking forward to your open house!

nancy huggins said...

I know exactly what you mean...I am soooo sick of winter and having a depressing day..And when summer does finally get here it will go by fast. I have TONS of stuff in my garage waiting for better weather (would even settle for the 50's) so I can have my moving sale...no one will come when it is in the 30's. Planning to move April 4th and really need to down size...if the sale is a big flop looks like I might have to haul a lot of stuff and have a sale when we get up North.
I will say a prayer for both of us to have better weather..and SOON
Nancy

Unknown said...

Going to be a little warmer tomorrow , in the 50's . I too am really ready for spring , I guess if we just hang in there it will come . The way time passes these days it will be here and gone before we can say boo .

Dog Trot Farm said...

Oh, how I am ready for those long winter days to disappear...you are not alone. Today's temp. reached 43 degrees, I was so excited I hung sheets out and cleaned the chicken coop...spring will come...sooner or later...Greetings from Maine, Julie.

Carolyn Langston said...

I agree with you, Jan. It felt so nice for a few days and now winter is lasting way tooo long. Those of us who have problems with depression creeping in when the weather is yucky know all too well how hard it is to fight the "black dog," as Winston Churchill used to describe it. We'll be there soon and as I always like to say, we sink further down than some folks, but we also soar higher! Thinking of you ...

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Surely doing all that spring decorating will draw you out of the doldrums. Things can get pretty blah around here in desert country, too. You get snow storms, we get dust storms. Wishing you a wonderful new week. Tammy P.S. I like the toolbox shelf you made. Very clever :)