Thursday, May 16, 2013

The garden.......

 The herbs and flowers are going crazy.  We've had wonderful gentle rains and days of warm sunshine.....perfect growing weather.


 I planted two new patches of lavender last year so I'm anxious to see my harvest.  Behind the lavender is some of my garlic.
 The ferns are gorgeous this year. 
 This is baby basil that I started inside so on cool nights I cover them with mason jars.
 This is thyme in my herb bed.  Below is oregano and more thyme.  Love my herbs!
 Love these old rusty metal pieces to stick plants in.  They look great in the garden and keep certain plants from spreading.
I've planted lots of vegies and can't wait to see them all growing.  Hopefully, I'll have enough to can.  It's so much work but so fulfilling.

My first 4-leaf clover of the summer......

3 comments:

June said...

Lucky, lucky you Jan! I remember sitting in the grass when I was younger searching and searching for four-leafed clover.
Your garden is growing so great and the herbs are doing so much better than mine ever do. Isn't it a wonderful time of year.
sending hugs...

dulcy said...

Your garden is gorgeous! Isn't turning out to be a lovely spring?! Even though a bit late... everything is popping up...

xo
dulcy

Jenny said...

I love your 'baby'plant cloche idea!

That is super clever!

Your garden is really gorgeous!