Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Check us out in Vintage Style magazine.....


So excited to see the magazine that my sisters (Judy & Linda), niece Kelli and myself are in.  We've waited since last fall to see it actually in print.  We're so excited about it and couldn't be happier with the way it turned out. 

It was a wonderful 4th of July this year.  The weather was incredible....warm enough for the pool during the day but needed a light jacket in the evenings.  Just went to Judy's in the country and ate ribs, baked beans and slaw.....almost sick when I came home.  We set and visited with Judy's grandkids and sons and then looked at pictures and scrapbooks that Judy has of our mom's.  Mom saved every card she ever received and if she were still living, she would be 105.  She had Christmas cards from during WW2 and they are very patriotic.  Judy assured us that lots of people sent that kind of a card during wartime.

Judy and I made a quick trip to St. Louis this weekend to bring her grandson home from his uncle's house.  We had so much fun even though it was only for a very short time.  It was great seeing Shad's and Rob's house and their wonderful landscaping.  Their whole neighborhood is beautifully landscaped and well maintained.  Why is it that some areas take such pride in their homes and maintaining them while so many let their lawns grow, never pull a weed or set out a flower.  It doesn't have much to do with how expensive the homes are either.....seems to have more to do with the soul of the neighborhood.  Every neighbor that walked past their house while we were sitting on the porch looked up and spoke.  I was shocked!  So many in my neighborhood act like they're afraid of speaking.  Rob had watched the neighbor's house while they were out-of-town so we enjoyed a strawberry-rhubarb pie for desert as their "thank-you".  Wish I could find a neighborhood like that!


We did a little antiquing but didn't find many bargains.  Ate at some wonderful restaurants and headed back home the next morning.  Whew!!!!

I've had company the last couple of days and stayed really busy trying to keep everything watered.  Sooooo hot during the day but nice on the back porch this morning after a little shower. 

Think I'll go check that one zucchini and see if I can pick it yet.

Have a great "rest of the week".

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I bought my copy of Vintage Style today ! I love your article ! So proud to know someone in that magazine ! What a dream come true .

Debra@CommonGround said...

Glad to see you post, I've been wondering where you were. Where can I find the magazine, the article looks great!

dulcy said...

I'm definitely picking a copy!

xo
dulcy