Thursday, September 19, 2013

Fall is definitely in the air!  I've even noticed leaves beginning to fall so decided if I wanted some hydrangeas to dry, I'd better get it done.  A friend of mine has beautiful hydrangeas of several different varieties and she's nice enough to let me cut them.  Aren't they gorgeous.....


 
 
They dried enough that I could take some to Leola's.  Love them in this primitive basket.

 Bought this wonderful European wash stand from a friend and took it to the shop also.  Almost kept it!
 

It's supposed to be a cool weekend and I soooooo hope that's true.  The heat makes me so lazy and non-productive and I have so many projects awaiting me in the garage.  My nice neighbor who sometimes helps me is working on a table.  I found a wonderful old table top and then found four great legs.  Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Last weekend my sisters and I went to a big auction in Sarcoxie, MO.  It was the widow of Gene Taylor's auction and he was a U.S. senator from Missouri many years ago.  We lived in LaRussell before he became a senator and my dad bought his Ford pickups from Mr. Taylor.  Anyway, it was a wonderful auction and I found several treasures.  I always concentrate on primitives and was lucky enough to find some crocks, a really nice early beveled mirror, a few silver pieces and a great shelf.  A great sale!

Have 3 grandkids with me tonight and they need to get to bed.  No school tomorrow so they're staying up a little later.  Hope everyone has a great weekend.

No comments: