Monday, September 23, 2013

Beautiful Fall Monday....

It's just been a gorgeous fall day in the Ozarks and I managed to get so much accomplished (about time).  Spent so much time in the garage this weekend and not only did I work on and mark merchandise, I also got the garage kind of cleaned out.  If I could find the time, I'd have a garage sale but doesn't seem to fit in my schedule.  Just hate to go into winter with a full garage.  Oh, well, guess there are worse things!

I bought this table at an auction but it had been badly repaired.  It's a great primitive (I think walnut) table and loved it as a drop leaf but it was just in too bad of condition to repair.  Sooooooo, I took it apart.....

Picked the pieces on the top that were in the best condition and glued them together to, hopefully, make a solid top.
 Thanks to my nice neighbor, Dave, I had strips to glue and screw in the spaces where the boards that held the drop-leaves were.  After staining those I turned the table upside-down on the top and glued and put screws in the base and top.  It was flipped over and this is what it looked like.  It needed a little staining and a light finish.

This is how it turned out......wonderful.  I feel so good about what I was able to do.  Now, I'm taking it to Leola's.  It was a busy weekend and I need furniture.  Dave also finished another table for me that looks more like a desk but I have to put a stain on some of the wood we had to use.  We had an old table top and some old legs.  He took them and made a table.  It's going to be so cool when I'm finished with it.  Can't wait!
This is my favorite lunch.   It's tomatoes, basil, garlic, olive oil, and Parmesan cheese on my home made bread that was toasted under the broiler with a little olive oil and Parmesan cheese.
 My tomatoes are still producing and my basil is going crazy.  I've already used all my garlic so next year will make sure I have lots more.  I plant my garlic bulbs in late fall and it comes up in the spring.
This is part of my "living simply" life style.  When I make pesto then I take all the leftover bruschetta mixture and pour it over my pasta too.  It's so yummy!  What's really good is to crumble cooked bacon over the pasta.

Hope everyone has a great week.  So many things to do....so little time!

4 comments:

Danavee said...

YUM! That looks so tasty! And it all came from your garden! I love that.

Mugwump Woolies said...

Wow...what a great job you did on the table top! It looks wonderful!
Robyn

Hayley Fraser said...

Hi Jan! I'm glad you're enjoying the pretty weather this week and also that I bumped into you at Panera last week! I see the hydrangeas you told me about in your previous post...All your stuff looks lovely!

dulcy said...

Oh, isn't the weather the best?! Love all these pictures, Jan!

xo
dulcy