Thursday, January 23, 2014

An inside day....

It's another cold ole day in our part of the world.  Just checked the thermostat and it's 11 degrees....yikes!  So think I'll just put another log on the fire and stay in.

Think I'll bake a batch of my new favorite cookie.  They're light and crispy and very good with hot chocolate or a cup of tea about 3:00 in the afternoon.....


Also will make bread which I love doing.  I never buy bread anymore and it's made a difference in the way I feel.  Have you ever looked at the ingredients in a loaf of bread.....scary!  It's no wonder it lasts so long in the bread box.
Judy and I went to St. Louis this weekend and did a little shopping a long the way.  Found a few things to brighten up my space at Leola's.  We always have such a good time in St. Louis.  So much to do and so little time.  Shad and Rob (Judy's son & his partner) are the best guides.  Basically, we ride and they drive and they know the best places to eat and antique.



A few of my treasures.....





Linda works at Leola's tomorrow so think I'll go re-do my area.  I've had a fireplace mantle on the wall for so long and it hasn't sold even after marking it down.  Think I'll bring it home and replace it with a table I recently purchased.  One of these days I'm going to have another garage sale and clear some things out but probably won't be for awhile.  We have more frigid weather on its way next week.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Danavee said...

It should just snow again since it's so cold! ;)

Debra@CommonGround said...

ok, so tell me where you guys like to shop and eat in SL. we're always looking for great places when we visit the kids. stay warm!

Carolyn Langston said...

I want to echo what Debra said! I live here but I'd like to know if the fellas have some suggestions I haven't tried.

June said...

Your finds are great Jan! Can I please have a cookie and sit by your fire? It looks so snug there.
It's crazy that you guys have had such cold weather there. It's even colder than here in the mountains.
sending hugs...