Monday, April 21, 2014

Wonderful Easter weekend.....

We were so blessed to have a wonderful holiday weekend.  We started Thursday with a birthday dinner at Galloway Grill for my 2 grandgirls who turned 10 then off to Maundy Thursday services at church.  Saturday was the egg drop where they send a helicopter and drop 16,000 eggs in the field next to church.

G'daughter Phoebe and daughter Allison.....
 My kids.....
A good time was had by all.  The pictures were all taken by my phone because after packing up my new camera & all the gear, I realized I had left my card at home in the computer......bummer.

We always like to go to sunrise service on Easter and it was beautiful.....so meaningful!  Then everyone came to my house for lunch and a cake for the girls birthday.....do we drag birthdays out or what!!!!  The weather could not have been more perfect and it was a wonderful day.

Stella and Phoebe opening more presents.  Then we had cheesecake and strawberry shortcake for dessert.

Sisters.....


Brother and sister-in-law....


The other gramma (SIL John's mom, Pam) and all the grandchildren.....
 

I loved this picture of Phoebe.....she just is a great subject for my camera.  As a matter of fact, they all are!

Phoebe and her grandmother, Pam....

 
Sister, Judy, and some of her family came over in time for cake.  These cousins don't get to see each other very often anymore but when they do, they have such a good time.
 

 
It was a wonderful day and I feel so blessed to have this wonderful family.  I also am so grateful that spring is finally here and we can enjoy all this outside.....yea!!!!
 
Also, I told you that I would share my placemats and napkins with you when I was finished.  They turned out really well, I thought, and the napkins really coordinate well.  The ticking seems to go with almost all the fabric I have.  These are the ones that are now at Leola's....

 


 
Basically, there can be six placemats (front & back) made from 2 yds. of fabric and the least expensive fabric I found to use is $7.99 per yd., it takes most of one day to make them so I marked them $9.00 ea.  The ticking was $12.99 per yd. & I brought it home and laundered it so the napkins would be softer.  It was possible to get 6 napkins out of  one yard of fabric but the rolled hem took more time then was expected.  I've never liked the rolled hem that my serger makes which would be a lot faster.  I marked the napkins $4.00 each.  We'll see how they do.
 
Hope everyone has a good week and are able to enjoy the beautiful weather that we are in Missouri.




1 comment:

Tammy Burks said...

What a beautiful family and a beautiful day!!! Looks like spring is FINALLY here!