Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Beautiful, busy days.....

It's such a beautiful time of the year and it seems a constant effort to appreciate every minute of it instead of worrying about all that needs to be accomplished.  Seems there's this small window of opportunity to get things done -- yard, garden, taxes, winter clothes put away, summer clothes brought out, all those fix-it jobs around the house that have been neglected plus a million other things that keep popping into my head (I've tried to keep a note pad with me so I don't have to leave it to my memory).  Besides all of that, I've been going to physical therapy 3 times a week for a case of tendonitis.  Oh, and did I mention keeping Leola's stocked!!!!



 
The next project I'll be attempting will be placemats.  This weekend several of us took a trip to Kansas City and I had already decided to check out a couple of my favorite stores to look for table linens.

 
Geez......I couldn't believe the prices so decided to try making them.  One set that I loved would have been around $250 for 8 placemats & napkins.  Yesterday, I made a quick trip to F.M. store (my favorite fabric store) and spent $7.99 per yard for the greatest fabric.  When I finish one, I'm going to post exactly how much fabric it took for each one and how much time it took.  We are constantly amused at people insinuating our prices are high.  They need to get out and compare (& please not with Walmart).  I've just learned to make things that I like so then if it doesn't sell, I can use them or give them as a gift.  We also have no desire to compete with China or Bangladesh.
 
We had a wonderful trip to K.C.  We went to see our friend, JoAnn, off to West Virginia where she and her husband are moving.  We'll miss her but she promises to come back frequently.  This is JoAnn with her daughter, Alex......

 
With JoAnn as our tour guide we visited all of her favorites.  We all loved the City Market.




 We were able to tour a loft in this building that was amazing.  I wanted so badly to take pictures but he's an artist and asked that we not.  It was such a treat to just be able to see it but so wanted to share it.
These were the doors in the back entrance.  We had to get on a freight elevator with no sides to ride to the third floor.
 
It was such a treat to get away for a weekend.....especially with this fun group......


 
Guess it's back to reality (taxes)!  I've vowed to have them done by Thursday so guess I'd better get busy.
 
Hope you're having a wonderful Wednesday (it's beautiful in Mo.)!
 
 
 


3 comments:

A Primitive Homestead said...

Exciting post. I hope you and your friend can find many times to visit. The loft building is awesome. The market looks a lot of fun.

Tammy Burks said...

Looks like a great trip! Dulcy and I were in the other day and you were gone on your trip....got some great hibiscus candles....yum! They are making my house smell divine!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Yes indeed, all those things that need to be done. I'm on Spring Break and only did one day of Spring cleaning and that was only in the kitchen. Oh well! I much prefer to enjoy the outdoors while I can, lots of walking, crocheting. Don't want to spend all my free time cleaning. Bleh! Looks like you had a great trip. Have a great rest of the week. Tammy