Sunday, July 20, 2014

Nothing much better then summer sundays....

We have been blessed with the most amazing weather for the last week.  Open-window nights and enjoying- the -back- porch days.  I've managed to keep the garden weeded and the flowers dead-headed without too much complaining.  My tomatoes are just starting to ripen and finally, I'm beginning to get cucumbers and zucchini......life is good.

Yesterday, Phoebe was with me and we made peach jelly.  She loves helping me and there's never a task she won't tackle.  She's a delight!
Just read this quote on Susan Branch's wonderful blog and love it.....

  We made up some of my bread so she could take bread and jelly home with her.



I've been without a sewing machine for over 2 weeks now and I've felt a little lost.  Since the weather was nice enough to work in the garage, decided to paint this wicker table for Leola's....

 
I painted the bottom but left the top natural wood but put a finish on it so you actually use it.  Love the way it turned out even though this isn't the greatest picture.
 
I still have a garage and basement to clean out.  The garage sale got rid of a lot of "stuff" but didn't put out many clothes.  My goal at the first of the summer was to bag the things that I never wear and see if I missed them.  Well, I didn't so they're all going....someplace.  Love that I have drawer space and closet space again.  "Things" really do slow you down.
 
Hope everyone has a wonderful week.
 


3 comments:

Tammy Burks said...

Looks like you've got yourself quite a helper!! Jelly or jam is the one thing I've never even attempted to make....maybe this will be the year...
Looks like we're getting ready to climb into a little summer heat, but I'm with you...this has been a glorious summer so far!

Jenille Cristy said...

Craving for that peach jelly! And that wicker table looks pretty cool. :)

June said...

Your Phoebe is such a darling Jan. You two must have the best time together. Wow, does that jam look delish!!!