Thursday, August 7, 2014

Where did the summer go......

Can't believe my little ones (they aren't very little anymore) are getting ready to head back to school.  This summer has flown by and I can't stand to see it go.  Guess we actually have a couple more months of nice weather but it always seems that kids going back to school signals "the end".  It did back when I was in school but waaaaay back then, we didn't start until after Labor Day.  Sometimes I want to yell at father time "SLOW DOWN"!

I know I've been so bad this summer about blogging but to you few who still read Summer Sundays, I'm going to make a real effort to be better at this......we'll see!

My garden has been doing medium well.  I get enough for my everyday needs but not much to freeze.  There are tons of green tomatoes so maybe someday soon.  Meanwhile, Judy and I took off this week and went to visit an old friend of ours from LaRussell.  Kaye lives on a small piece of land not far from Carthage.  It amazes me what women can do when they're not afraid of a little (or a whole lot) of hard work and Kaye definitely is a hard worker.  She has an amazing garden that was overflowing with ripe produce.  We brought home tomatoes, zucchini, peppers and eggs......

Look at those tomatoes lined up on her deck and there were boxes of them below that.  She said she had canned 125 quarts of tomatoes and I forgot how many green beans.....
 
 
 
I love all of her outbuildings.  It was an old farm and she had intended to live in an old rock house but it burned before she could move in.  The rock walls are still standing but that's all.

This is one of several outbuildings that are wonderful.  Some are rock, some old tin, and most are this old wood. 

 This is her chicken house.  I'm thinking there were 8 chickens.  This is one of the original rock buildings.
 
This is a sign she made and hung on the coop and yes, she left the "r" of the rooster.  Love it!


 
 
They are a happy bunch of chicks.....
 
 
Our friend, Murray, met us at Kaye's.  We've all been friend's since school and are all the better for it.
 
Last weekend was the monthly sale at Fordland and Allison, Stella, Phoebe and I .went.  Judy always participates and everything looked great......
 
 

Phoebe wanted the "p" but Mom thought it might be a little large for her room.....
 
This is there special events room but they also sell the merchandise.  They had their first wedding there a couple of weeks ago.


I bought two of these posts with the hopes of making lamps.  They will make amazing, large, lamps.
 
 
It was a fun day and came home with some great treasures.
 
I have a new computer and it's about to push me to the limits trying to get adjusted to it.  It's just so darn sensitive and has a difficult time doing what I want   it to.  Change is so hard for me!
 
 
Hope everyone has a great day.  I'm going to really try to do this more often!!!!!!


1 comment:

Tammy Burks said...

Can't wait to see how your lamps turn out!!