Saturday, December 27, 2014

It's a wonderful life.....

Can you believe another Christmas has come and gone!!!!  Seems like we were just decorating at Leola's and here it is just a few days until 2015 (I just got accustomed to writing 2014).  Time flies when you're having fun.....


We had such a nice relaxing Christmas this year.  The grands came in their pj's and stayed in them all day.  Lots of talking, laughing, and eating.


The kids and dogs took a little walk......

Allison and Sage.....

I love that the kids are encouraged to make things for Christmas presents.  They all have their specialties.  This year Stella made her sister Zoe a very special gift.....
 
Her Mom repurposed an old suitcase and made her a case to keep all of her sewing supplies together.  It's wonderful and makes it so convenient for her when she's ready to sew.  She does a fantastic job.
 
Phoebe does a beautiful job of painting pictures.  This is the one she did for me last year.....
 
 
 
Not sure about Sage.  He's a very talented writer.  Maybe someday he'll write me a story!!!!
 
I've been searching Pinterest to try and find a project.  Now that Christmas is over, I'm in the mood to settle in and do something creative.  Working with wool is one of my favorite things and I saw where Maggie Bonnanami (not sure about the spelling) has a book out so maybe I'll run to the quilt shop in Branson and see if they have it.  Nothing I like better then to have a needlework project when it's too cold to want to be outside.
 
Hope you all have had a wonderful holiday season and are ready to settle in for a little bit of winter.....hope it's just a little bit!  Stay warm!
 

2 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Glad to hear you had nice family time. I love that the kids are making things. That's a great thing to encourage in this day and age. Best wishes, Tammy

dulcy said...

Beautiful post Jan! I know what you mean about projects. I'm wanting to hook something else, but not sure what. Currently weaving a shawl, and hopefully, will be drawing and painting. Maybe we should come up with a crafting day!