Friday, January 16, 2015

January doldrums.....

Thank heaven the sun was shining today and I actually walked out the door without a coat.  I'm not a fan of January and my spirits start to pick up as I see the month slowly crawling by.  It certainly helps when the sun shines.

Have managed to get my house back in shape after taking down all the Christmas.  My sewing room has really overwhelmed me so now there are 2 big plastic bags in the garage waiting to be given away.  What a relief!  I have way too much wool but it's so hard for me to give it up.

 
Found these today on a Facebook page and thought they might be fun to make for Valentine's Day.  I made two (but neglected to take a picture) so we'll see if my needlework is appreciated by others.  Needlework is my favorite hobby but unfortunately, I've run out of room and others don't seem to like it as well as I do.
 
 
 
One of my favorite things to do on a drizzly, cold, wintry afternoon is to snuggle up on my chaise lounge with my heating pad, a cup of hot tea and my Kindle.  I've read two amazing books that I've added to my favorites list.  This one goes on the top.....
 
 
Sometimes an author will just amaze you with his ability to write and this is one of those times.  His writing is artistry but the story makes it difficult to put it down.....even when you have a migraine.  This is one of those books that you'll never forget reading.
 
My other favorite is this one....
 
 
There were times in this one that I thought it was dragging and then I'd find myself absorbed in it again.  It was hard to imagine a young woman being so brave as to take off alone on this journey through the wilderness.  You realize in the end that she faced far more to fear in her everyday life then she did out in that wilderness.  It really made me stop and think that in the world we live in today, that's probably true for a lot of us. 
 
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and gets a chance to do a little reading.



2 comments:

dulcy said...

January can be difficult when it gets so cold, but haven't the last few days been lovely?! I just loved "Wild" but haven't read the other yet. It may be on my book clubs list. Heard it's very good.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Looks like two very interesting books. Tomorrow starts a brand new month. Hope it's a good one for you! Warm wishes, Tammy