Monday, April 20, 2009

The buses are back-- must be Spring!

This was one of my days to work. Luckily, the sun was shining and the front door was open all day. It's also the only weekday that Spring Creek Tearoom is closed so our new Lemondrop Tearoom gets really busy. Unfortunately, the buses landed at Lambert's (home of throwed rolls) so we had lots of sight-seers through. It's amazing how many people can walk through and never spend a penny. They're mainly killing time until they hear their name called on the loud-speaker that booms out over the neighborhood. Then they all make a run for Lambert's front door. We get lots of good customers from Lamberts but they don't often come by bus. We prefer those big ole' honkin' SUV's -- especially the one's pulling the big ole' boats.

These are a few pictures from the shop. It's looking so good right now.


Judy feels pretty sure that it's marijuana printed on the front of these dishes. Somehow I don't think so but one never knows -- does one!!!
This is an old metal cupola that Linda brought in. Wouldn't this be great in a garden area?

Tomorrow might hit 80 here so I'll be spending at least part of the day in the garden. I find myself running out to the garden a couple times a day to see if anything green is peeking through. My rhubarb is looking good so maybe son-in-law, John, will get rhubarb cake for his birthday.


3 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh my goodness! I want to come see your store! Actually. David and I will be in Eureka Springs in a couple weeks. Maybe we'll figure out how to come see you on a day trip. That would be fun! ~Mindy

Malisa said...

I found your blog through Mindy of Primitiques 'n Poetry. I hope she does get to visit your shop because she is the neatest person! You will love her!

From reading your blog, I notice that we have a few things in common. My business partner and I were in Eureka Springs last spring break. We went there to find a shop vacancy to begin our new venture. We had just located the perfect shop when I got a phone call from my Mom that she had been diagnosed with bone cancer. So, of course, I have to be closer to my Mom. My partner and I decided to put our venture on hold. In fact, my partner, Karen, is visiting in Eureka Springs right now! I am going to text her and recommend she visit your shop! She has probably been there before because she leaves no antique store unturned! Oh, by the way, I love Lamberts! What a surprise, huh? Is Melonie and Bryan's sale going on right now? If it is, would you let me know so I can let Karen know? They are friends. Next time I am up in your direction, you can plan on me paying you a visit!

Please let me say that I am so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine what you are experiencing. My husband, Lurch, just went through emergency heart bypass surgery. I almost lost him and am very grateful for each day I get to spend with him. My heart goes out to you and please feel free to email me anytime you need to talk.

Please visit me at:
moonlighthollow.blogspot.com
therenaissancechick.blogspot.com

Malisa

Susan said...

I don't know if John should get rhubarb cake - did he till your garden for you????? Just kidding - you should post the recipe if you do make the cake!