Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Christmas decorating has begun...

It has been one of those cold blustery days today. A good day to be able to stay inside and do some decorating. Haven't made much progress but have I ever made a mess. I made a fire early and it's strange how I keep sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee and Christmas magazines. To tell you the truth, I haven't had much inspiration. I did find the picture in Country Living that I used in my header. Loved that house.
This is my tree that I do every year with vintage ornaments. They aren't all on yet but I needed a break. I've already decided to not get so much out this year. Seems everyone is feeling that way. I would much rather decorate with more naturals and do some paperwhites.
Sage and I have a deer collection and this is some of it. He keeps most of the plastic ones at his house and I'm responsible for the breakable ones (not sure that's such a good idea).




Guess I'd better get back to my job. The chili is on and I'm expecting a guest later. Brenda is staying tonight and we're going to take a little trip with Judy and Jane to KC for the Miss Frenchie show. We all are so excited. We are staying on the Country Club Plaza so we can see all the lights and decorations. Maybe I'll come back inspired so I can get this job done.


6 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Love your cute little reindeer!

pollyanns said...

Jan your tree is adorable! We started on ours tonight, got as far as the lights. It's about 11 feet tall and takes a while. Trying to find a time when we can all be in one place for that long is getting harder and harder. We're shooting for Sunday night. I'll post pictures as soon as I get-r-dun! Hope you have a most inspiring trip!

Debra@CommonGround said...

Your tree looks so pretty! AND I love that new header photo. You guys have tons of fun! Hope the weather stays good, dress warm!
Debra

real estate agent Toronto said...

Your header is SO awesome! Love the way that house looks. Oh, I like your deers very much too. Do you only take them out during Christmas or are they a part of your everyday decoration?

Elli

David said...

Everything looks great and I love the new header. It's time to roll your blog music, though. You've got some great stuff there, but the one that always comes to the top for me is "You Belong To Me." I like it, but variety is the spice of life! ;-)

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Everytime I visit you ~ your home is so warm and inviting! It is only Dec. 6 and I always like to decorate a little at a time anyway. I agree about the not wanting to get everything out. I hope you have a blast on your trip and get some good ideas. Love you!