Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas decorations at home....

It was incredibly cold here today and a good day to work on my decorating. I worked all day in my pj's and got most of it done. This year was suppose to be the year of my downsizing my decorations but I just don't seem to know when to quit. Of course, it doesn't help that I keep adding to my collections. We always have the best vintage ornaments at Leola's so what's a girl to do!!!!

For years I collected handmade Santa's and I still love them. We have some incredible craftspeople in our area but few sell in shops.anymore. Below are a couple of my favorites on my mantel with a galvanized sap bucket. I've also placed fresh cut greenery where I could with a little snow.







This is just a few of Sage & my reindeer collection. I love the old white celluloid ones that I've used here. This is the living and dining room where I have lots of ironstone so I use my white in here.



This is a few pieces of red and blue transferware. I love setting my small bottlebrush trees in the small red transferware cups.

Tomorrow I'm working on my dining room. I bought a huge glass hurricane at Pottery Barn for the center of my table. There are tons of vintage glass ornaments that I haven't used so think I'll fill the hurricane with those and a candle in the center. I also found these wonderful red dishes at Kmart that are Country Living brand to use during the holidays. If you haven't seen them yet, I'll take lots of pictures. I'm not seeing much Martha at Kmart anymore so I'm figuring Country Living must have taken her place.
I'm promising myself to finish tomorrow. I love those days before Christmas when you can just come in and enjoy all your hard work. I'm ready for a few of those days.





6 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hey Jan, I saw you and Brenda in Elizabeth's blog photo before I read down. I was going to call you and tell you, then I saw your pic, so, rat's no surprise. But great photos of everything! I'sn't that Linda just gorgeous in her hat? You're right Dr. Zhivago! Love all your Christmas goodies at your house, everything looks wonderful!
love ya,
Debra

pollyanns said...

So pretty, Jan! I might even recognize a few pieces of the red transferware :0) Enjoy the fruits of your labor. Still very cold here... no sign of our foot of snow going anywhere soon. Have a great weekend - Polly

Mindy said...

I am loving the reindeer. And the transferware is always nostalgic. Can't wait to see more. ~Mindy

Simply Iowa said...

Hey Jan!
Wish you were here! That Sale is Amazing!!! Wish I were a wealthy woman! The huge house is packed full!!! These folks must have collected forever! I really could have bought almost everything there... My pocket book, on the other hand, said STOP!!!! I thought Polly knew about it, so she inquired this morning...oops... I know there will be plenty there for her too! You too, sale goes through Sunday, and there are going to be several more sales there...wow!
Barb C
The chair could be yours...and the little Cottage Chest... I'll meet ya! Barb C.

dulcy said...

OK.......I really MUST get over and see your house before Christmas! When??

xo
dulcy

David said...

I like that first picture. Especially the Santa that looks like he's wearing a Carhartt jacket. My kinda guy!