Friday, May 25, 2012

And summer begins......

Well, kids are out of school, pools are opening and it's Memorial weekend.....hip, hip, hooray!!!  The word "summertime" still triggers something in the brain, even at my age, that makes me happy.  I love looking at my little brown-skinned kids after they've spent their days swimming and playing tennis and I love walking out in the morning into my backyard in my pj's, turn on the sprinkler, pour a cup of coffee and listen to the birds.  Aaaaahhhh, summertime!




I have such a big crop of lavender this year so decided to try something new.  Found out on another blog how to make these wands.  You can stick them in a drawer or linen closet and it says that they'll last for at least 5 years.  It's a joy to make them and smell that wonderful aroma.  Thought I might get a few made for Leola's porch and garden event next Thurs. evening from 5:00 to 8:00.  Hope you'll plan to come if you live close.  We'll be closed all day to bring in new merchandise.  We'll have food and drink so come see us if you can.
Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sure hope those little brown kids are using lots of sunscreen!